Nepal is a treasure trove of beautiful and historic stupas, also known as pagodas, which are essential landmarks for Buddhist pilgrims and travelers. If you’re planning a trip to Nepal and want to experience the best of the Three Stupa Tour near Kathmandu Valley, here are three stupas that you shouldn’t miss.
The Boudhanath Stupa, located in Kathmandu, is one of the largest stupas in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its imposing size and beautiful architecture make it an awe-inspiring sight. The stupa is surrounded by numerous monasteries and shops selling Buddhist souvenirs, making it a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Buddhism.
Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the Monkey Temple, is situated on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city. The stupa is believed to have been built in the 5th century and is surrounded by smaller stupas and shrines. Visitors can also see many monkeys roaming around the temple complex.
NamoBuddha Stupa, located in the Kavrepalanchok district of Nepal, is a sacred Buddhist site that offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape. It is believed to be the site where the Buddha, in a previous life, sacrificed his body to feed a hungry tigress and her cubs. The stupa was built in the 6th century by the king of Bhaktapur and has since been renovated and expanded over the centuries. It is an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists and also offers nearby monasteries and temples to explore.
Embark on a spiritual journey and immerse yourself in Buddhist culture with Nepal’s Three Stupa Tour near Kathmandu Valley. These three stupas are just a few of the many beautiful and historic sites that Nepal has to offer. Whether you’re a Buddhist pilgrim or a traveler interested in history and culture, this tour is an experience that will leave a lasting impression on you. Book your trip today and discover the magic of Nepal’s sacred Buddhist sites.
Outline Itinerary of Three Stupa Tour Near Kathmandu Valley
Day 01: Visit Namobuddha stupa
Day 02: Visit Swayambhunath and Bouddhanath Stupa
Note: Please keep in mind that these are just suggestions and you can customize the itinerary as per your preferences and time constraints.
Embark on a spiritual journey and explore Nepal’s beautiful and historic stupas, or pagodas, on a Three Stupa Tour near Kathmandu Valley. Visit the imposing Boudhanath Stupa, the Monkey Temple at Swayambhunath, and the sacred NamoBuddha Stupa, where the Buddha is believed to have sacrificed his body.
Immerse yourself in Buddhist culture and discover stunning architecture, monasteries, and shops selling Buddhist souvenirs. Whether you’re a Buddhist pilgrim or a traveler interested in history and culture, Nepal’s Three stupas tour is an experience you won’t forget.
- Visit the Boudhanath Stupa, one of the largest stupas in the world, located in Kathmandu. Marvel at its imposing size and beautiful architecture and explore the surrounding monasteries and shops selling Buddhist souvenirs.
- Visit the Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the Monkey Temple, situated on a hilltop with stunning views of the city. See the smaller stupas and shrines surrounding the stupa and watch the monkeys roaming around the temple complex.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of Nepal by visiting these three historic stupas, which are important landmarks for both Buddhist pilgrims and travelers.
- Take in the breathtaking views of the city and surrounding landscape from the hilltop location of the Swayambhunath Stupa and NamoBuddha Stupa.
- Explore the bustling city of Kathmandu and experience the vibrant culture of Nepal by visiting the many monasteries, shops, and temples in the area.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Buddhism and its role in Nepali culture by learning about the significance of these historic stupas and their importance to Buddhist pilgrims.